This photo is of Damon Hall under construction on 8th April 1915. The sign on the shed in the foreground for "Nelson House" was taken from the old hotel which previously stood on the site and was torn down in May of 1914.
This is a photo of the yard at Asa Merritt's sawmill taken in 1900. The mill itself was just off to the right of the photo. Asa's wife Martha left the house when she died to the Congregational Church to be used as a parsonage.The house still stands. It is the first house on the right (when headed towards Windsor) after the bridge over the gorge by Mike's Store. It is hard to envisage this scene now as there doesn't seem to be enough room between the house and the actual gorge!
The photo above was taken at the August 16th 1913 parade which was held in honor of Hartland's 150th birthday. Float #16 is the Grange; Float #17 is the Daughters of Liberty; Float #18 is the Junior Order United American Mechanics. They are shown at the junction of Bowers Rd and Rt 12.
This photo of the ferry was taken Sept 19th 1899. Taken from the Plainfield side of the Connecticut River, you can see the railway trestle bridge over Lull Brook, south of what is now Hammond Cove shooting range
This photo taken in early winter 1912 is of the Sanford Bagley auction. The property, on the Brownsville Rd just beyond Best Rd, still stands but is well hidden behind an evergreen hedge.
This photo (undated, but most probably from the early 1900's) shows what was formerly the Methodist church in Three Corners. The church was built in 1839. The building still stands at the corner of Rt 12 and Bischoff Lane but is now residential.
This is a photo taken on Sept 25th 1903 of the Walker Store which stood in Three Corners where the bank stands now. The building was actually moved to become what is currently the Three Corners Market (formerly BG's). Note the advertisements for "H.W. John's Asbestos Liquid Paints", "Learn to Drink Moxie - Very Healthful", and "HWS & Co Number 7 Cigars" which apparently were "the original and only 10c cigar sold everywhere for 5c"!
This photo was taken c1958 at the farm on Curtis Rd (off Mace Hill) of Will & Jane Curtis who owned the Yankee Bookshop in Woodstock. Originally dairy farmers they bought the bookshop when they realised that small scale farming was not viable. Both authors, Will also presented a radio program "The Nature of Things" on VPR. With them in the photo are the previous owners of the property who had run a ski tow on the farm. The wooden structure on the roof was to support the rather long chimney stack.